To anonymous on 22 November: What crack have you been smoking buddy? This post has been the only one to feature anything remotely designer or expensive - unless suddenly the previously featured Club Monaco or Nine West labels have become as costly as Burberry?
I'm glad you're enough of a critical thinker to realize this look can be replicated without spending a whole semester's worth of tuition, but there's no reason to be abrasive. I commend this blog's ability to inspire others to seek out unique perspectives in daily fashion and to help give some pointers - nowhere has Elizabeth purported that others should replicate these looks by buying the same clothes the students are wearing (especially if they can't afford it).
Moral of the story: if you don't have something nice to say, then nobody is forcing you to comment or even read this blog in the first place.
And Myles: you still look sharp. Haters gonna hate.
Maybe students should consider spending less on alcohol and more on clothes you can wear for years to come. Also, the latter won't end up a bubbling pool of gunk in your toilet.
I believe there's a difference between constructive criticism and being rude.
Ex) "Hey Elizabeth, really liked the post but that guy's outfit might not be in a student's price range. I would appreciate a budget-friendly perspective on the blog, or maybe you could suggest some alternatives to the designer labels in this post"
versus
"Why is everything so expensive? I could have bought this at a cheap department store; people must be being sarcastic, as I do not think this is a good look for that price"
Why aren't I meeting these kinds of boys on campus?
ReplyDeletenot looking hard enough ;)
ReplyDeleteLove it! Myles, you look great! As always!
ReplyDeleteSo smart.
ReplyDeleteWhy do all clothes featured on this blog have to be expensive or designer labeled? This look can easily be replicated by Walmart.
ReplyDelete"so smart" ...must be sarcasm, right?
Elizabeth - Do you have any advice for those of us looking to replicate similar looks, but for "student-friendly" and affordable prices?
ReplyDeleteTo anonymous on 22 November: What crack have you been smoking buddy? This post has been the only one to feature anything remotely designer or expensive - unless suddenly the previously featured Club Monaco or Nine West labels have become as costly as Burberry?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're enough of a critical thinker to realize this look can be replicated without spending a whole semester's worth of tuition, but there's no reason to be abrasive. I commend this blog's ability to inspire others to seek out unique perspectives in daily fashion and to help give some pointers - nowhere has Elizabeth purported that others should replicate these looks by buying the same clothes the students are wearing (especially if they can't afford it).
Moral of the story: if you don't have something nice to say, then nobody is forcing you to comment or even read this blog in the first place.
And Myles: you still look sharp. Haters gonna hate.
Haha George, agreed.
ReplyDeleteMaybe students should consider spending less on alcohol and more on clothes you can wear for years to come. Also, the latter won't end up a bubbling pool of gunk in your toilet.
George, it's called constructive criticism.
ReplyDeleteI believe there's a difference between constructive criticism and being rude.
ReplyDeleteEx) "Hey Elizabeth, really liked the post but that guy's outfit might not be in a student's price range. I would appreciate a budget-friendly perspective on the blog, or maybe you could suggest some alternatives to the designer labels in this post"
versus
"Why is everything so expensive? I could have bought this at a cheap department store; people must be being sarcastic, as I do not think this is a good look for that price"
See the difference?